Picture
I just started my Week 23 and I officially entered 6 months!
I just cant believe how fast time has passed. It feels like just yesterday that I was wondering when my belly would just start growing. Now I'm 3 short months away from seeing our little girl.

WHY I CHOOSE TO HAVE A HOME BIRTH:

1. I believe birth to be natural thing, its not a disease or an illness therefore I believe medical intervention is unnecessary unless there are complications and by complications I mean real complications not the make belief ones the doctors come up with.

2. I like the idea of being in the comfort of my own home. Eating and drinking when I please and even napping in my own bed if I need it.
When you give birth in a hospital they don't let you eat or drink anything for hours because it could conflict with the medicine. So your starving and even thirsty and they wont give you anything.

3. Most importantly I dont want anyone taking my baby away! The first 15 mins after labor are so important for you and the baby to be connecting. Skin to skin preferably. Imagine you've been carring this baby with you for the last 9 months and the minute it comes out they want to take them from you and put them in a nursery rather then just allowing you to enjoy the moment and connect with your baby.
__________________________________________
WHY I THINK MORE PEOPLE SHOULD CONSIDER IT:

1. There are more C-sections done today then there have ever been and Unfortunately they are not medically related. The doctors will tell you they are but that's just because its more convenient for them to cut you up and have a 30 min surgery rather then be in hours of labor.

2. Most births are done on Fridays... How convenient, doctors don't want to be bothered on the weekends so they schedule to induce labor and even do c-sections. This point takes me to the fact that they don't allow your baby to cook for the appropriate amount of time and that could hurt your child ability to fight sickness, finish building their brain and even possibly hold them back in life.

3. The birthing position in hospitals is incorrect. Laying on your back is trying to fight gravity. The proper, fastest and easiest way to give labor is in a squatting position.

I hope you enjoyed this video, Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget to give it a thumbs up :)

♥ Stay Beautiful ♥
Florina (Makeup Artist)

Comments

Nicki
03/18/2014 9:17am

Wow I didn't know a lot of these things, I'm definitely going to watch the movie and thank you for the video's they are so great! :)

05/12/2017 12:14pm

Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95 % water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them. They fill you up without adding to the pounds.

10 Tips on how you can lose weight now! Discover what foods to stay away from and what are your best choices. Learn the right way to start an exercise program.

Your resume is your tool for gaining that all important interview. Taking time to make your resume stand out is critical if you want to be in the running for getting an interview invite. This article seeks to examine some practical ways in which you can make your resume the most appealing, most interesting and outstanding document available.

Can what we eat make us into geniuses? I don't know about geniuses, but studies have proven for the most part that our brains are definitely influenced for the better by certain foods, supplements and nutrients.

Paulina
03/18/2014 10:00am

Great information! Where do you find a midwife and do they accept insurance?

Florina (Makeup Artist)
03/18/2014 2:26pm

You can Google them. My midwife is located in Gurnee, Her name is Debbie Boubher and her website is http://yourbirth.com/staff/debbie-boucher/
A couple other names I've been given but where booked is Sarah Simmons & Genisis Family Midwifery I cant remember the others but these two I really had my heart set on.
They do take insurance and they will let you know how much is covered or if all is covered. They all do free group consultations where you can ask all your questions. Hope this helps :)

Hetty
03/18/2014 12:15pm

I am from Holland - 8 out of 10 births will be done at home. Giving birth is not an illness. So unless there is a medical reason, there isn't really any reason to take up a hospital bed. IF(!) anything should go wrong you're one ambulance ride away.
I loved just being in the comfort of my own bedroom! I was so much more relaxed than I would have been in a sterile hospital room.
I love watching your baby bump pictures, my sister in law is 23 weeks with Her first too. I wish you a flawless-piece-of-cake birth x

Florina (Makeup Artist)
03/18/2014 2:29pm

That's great to hear. I hope to spread the word because I feel through the years we have lost what it is to give birth because of lack of knowledge & information. I don't blame the girls today because most don't know and I was also one of those girls till about a year and a half ago. I was so miss informed but i'm grateful to know now and be able to make my own decision. Thank you for your comment I hope it inspires other women as well :)
I hope your sister has a easy and beautiful pregnancy as well.

Damaris
03/18/2014 2:54pm

It's always fun and interesting to hear and read new info, specially when this info is coming from other moms... I have 3 beautiful healthy kids... All hospital delivered, were never taken from me when born... Got to clean them myself... Of course i'm talking about natural births... My first son... I was in labour for 8 hours before i decided to get ANY medication.. He just wouldn't come out and fluid was getting low... My daughter was all natural... Painful but memorable... My baby was induced and I got to pick the day and time... I guess it varies by hospitals anout only Fridays... Mine was born on a Tuesday morning at 9 b/c hubby and I wanted to have a nice breakfast before going in. I admire the courage of those moms who do home labour... Wow i bow to you. Anyways... Florina... You are a strong smart amazing woman and I can't wait to meet your daughter... Hope with all my heart your experience is as memorable as mine have been... Being a mom is a blessing <3 keep posting love reading your blogs!!!

Florina (Makeup Artist)
03/18/2014 5:32pm

Hi Damaris,

I understand complications and this is only my view on birth.
What everyone else does is completely up to them. For some the hospital gives them comfort and its the other way around for others. Birth can still be beautiful in a hospital but I've heard too many horror stories and in their cases I would say the hospital didn't work out for them and took away something that could have been so beautiful. In the end its about doing what you feel is right and what makes you happy. :)

April
03/18/2014 3:32pm

Did you watch the rainbow baby YouTube video!!!!! I also left you a message weeks ago!

Florina ( Makeup Artist)
03/18/2014 5:29pm

Yes I have seen that one and I love it, it was beautiful :)
If I may ask where did you message me, On Facebook or here on my Website?

nicoleta
03/18/2014 11:25pm

You are beautiful, Flori and very brave mom-to be. I love your out-fits. WOW.....I can't wait to hear about your home-labor-delivery......I'm sure you'll post a video(maybe) and lots of pictures for sure. I'm very thankful for my hospital experience(Elmhurst hospital). I can't imagine going to labor or delivery at home...no way! Even with a mid-wife...Between labor pain I couldn't even walk or talk...I didn't need food or water....Everything I read or heard about labor, delivery....was different....Every pregnancy is different.... Good luck and I can't wait to learn from your experience.....you are the only mom I know who would LOVE to do this.Who knows...maybe for the second kid I'll try too......but thinking better....I don't think I can do it. Only thinking at it, I start shaking, panicking....I still think the hospital it's a better place...just in case.....you know....

April
03/19/2014 11:02am

👍
On Facebook!

06/15/2016 3:10pm

Get the latest fun and information about your baby from here that will be helping you to provide the best solutions and best services to your baby. With the help of them you can get the knowledge about the senses of the new born babies.

A paper writing service can help save time when trying to meet various deadlines. Students who grasp the basic concept of a class but don't have the time to write a research report or essay can use a writing service to get the job done efficiently. Essay service companies stay up to date with formats and popular topics.

As with every other written piece, there are ways to secure that your blog post is of premium quality. Since writing compelling, high quality content is the only way to have a go at a blog salary, you must be very particular about such detail. You should keep it in mind whenever you are starting to make a post.

05/08/2017 11:42am

Tarzan hardly looked like the King of the Apes when he arrived at his treetop home late one evening. His mate, Jane, was dismayed to see him limp through the front door, a look of exhaustion clouding his handsome face, his loincloth in tatters. "Tarzan, you look bushed," she said.

Do you have problems finishing projects or have trouble managing your valuable time? Be relaxed, because we all have the same problem you do, luckily there are simple solutions to become excellent at anything you do.

05/18/2017 11:21am

How to write the perfect blog post, now that's one awesome task! It's not like doing a tweet or a Facebook post, so I thought I should do some research. I am sure we would all love to have the "perfect" blog post - but how do you quantify what is perfect?

06/02/2017 5:04pm

There are many in this world suffering from diabetes. The fight must be wages to defeat this ailment. This poem outlines some action one is able to undertake that will aid in the bodily defenses against this aliment of diabetes.

06/07/2017 2:37am

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information as we continue with our daily work online.

06/08/2017 10:23am

Writing a blog can be frustrating if you don't know where to stop. Some would tell you to stop when you run out of either energy or something to say. However, you have heard you are supposed to write long blog posts, so you panic because you do not think what you have written is long enough. So, where do you stop?

06/24/2017 1:10pm

For those job seeking professionals that have been searching for a job for months or more, the whole job search process may seem a bit stale. Countless hours are often spent on job search websites and job search engines often resulting in minimal feedback. Inevitability you begin to question career choices, your...

06/26/2017 6:30am

You have an idea for a blog, but you don't know how to go about writing for it. What are the steps you need to to take to know how to write a good blog?