I just cant believe how fast time has passed. It feels like just yesterday that I was wondering when my belly would just start growing. Now I'm 3 short months away from seeing our little girl.
WHY I CHOOSE TO HAVE A HOME BIRTH:
1. I believe birth to be natural thing, its not a disease or an illness therefore I believe medical intervention is unnecessary unless there are complications and by complications I mean real complications not the make belief ones the doctors come up with.
When you give birth in a hospital they don't let you eat or drink anything for hours because it could conflict with the medicine. So your starving and even thirsty and they wont give you anything.
3. Most importantly I dont want anyone taking my baby away! The first 15 mins after labor are so important for you and the baby to be connecting. Skin to skin preferably. Imagine you've been carring this baby with you for the last 9 months and the minute it comes out they want to take them from you and put them in a nursery rather then just allowing you to enjoy the moment and connect with your baby.
1. There are more C-sections done today then there have ever been and Unfortunately they are not medically related. The doctors will tell you they are but that's just because its more convenient for them to cut you up and have a 30 min surgery rather then be in hours of labor.
2. Most births are done on Fridays... How convenient, doctors don't want to be bothered on the weekends so they schedule to induce labor and even do c-sections. This point takes me to the fact that they don't allow your baby to cook for the appropriate amount of time and that could hurt your child ability to fight sickness, finish building their brain and even possibly hold them back in life.
3. The birthing position in hospitals is incorrect. Laying on your back is trying to fight gravity. The proper, fastest and easiest way to give labor is in a squatting position.
I hope you enjoyed this video, Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget to give it a thumbs up :)
♥ Stay Beautiful ♥
Florina (Makeup Artist)